Considering my cabinets were the same color as my walls & trim I couldn't paint the walls and leave the cabinets the same 50's yellow. So I figured it wouldn't be that hard to paint the cabinets too and if I am going to paint the cabinets I am going to do it right and strip and sand them. Well since everything else in the kitchen is going to look new I need new lighting and my sink needs to be replaced because it's yellow too. If I am replacing the sink then I may as well replace the countertop and back splash. Now that my kitchen will be updated instead of yellow then I need to paint the laundry room too because its yellow. I can keep going on and on....
Well I am now to day 4 of my "weekend" kitchen project and I am thinking I will probably be at it AT LEAST another week to finish the cabinets. Argh! Why do I get myself into these things?! Why can't money grow on trees so I could just hire someone to do this for me?! Man, life is rough! ;)
"BEFORE" cabinets and wall color

"AFTER" wall, ceiling, & trim colors and upper cabinet doors down.

I will post more pictures as I progress through my project and I will just keep telling myself the end result will be worth all the work. And bonus I will get to say I did it ALL BY MYSELF considering Chase wants no part in this project. What will I need a man for now that I know how to run all these power tools?? LOL



5 comments:
Dang Girl look at you go! I'm so impressed! It looks amazing. It's amazing what the RIGHT color will do to a room! Sadly enough, I'm one of those people who like and enjoy the things you are doing. I love painting, too bad I'm not down in the valley to come lend a hand. Cause I would. I can't wait to see all the new things you will accomplish. Good luck!
Wow, it is looking good! We only got to painting the walls in our kitchen but Adam has PLENTY more planned to do (tile, backsplash, countertops, change the oven to under the stove and make the current oven area storage of some sort) and who knows how long THAT is going to take considering the walls took forever for him to finish!! It is nice to be able to do things yourself and save the money!! I wish we could have fixed the foundation of our house by ourselves because THAT was a bit of money!!
Wahoo! Go Nancy! You're right, you don't need a man's help for anything! I can't wait to see more pics..good luck!
oh nancy! it looks great!!! you are going to be soo proud of yourself when you are finished and it will feel so good!!! keep it up!
Looks awesome! That's the same color as my kitchen. :) When are you coming up this way??
Post a Comment