First I want to thank Chief Harwood, Salina City Police Dept, Sevier Co. Dispatch, and Chad Beach. You are all amazing and we are so glad you were there to help when we needed it.
Now to the story (or in Chase and my case..nightmare) I am sitting at work and it's around 11:30. Chase rings in on my cell....not unusual. I pick up and can tell he is upset and crying. "I can't find Hagen!" My stomach dropped. Chase and Hagen had been awake and playing and Chase went in the bathroom to buzz cut his hair. When he came out of the bathroom he couldn't find Hagen.
Chase yelled and yelled and then started looking all around the house for him. Nowhere. He went to look downstairs and the back door was opened a crack. He went downstairs and looked anyway and when he didn't find Hagen he went outside to look and yell. Hagen was nowhere. Chase called me and then dispatch. I hauled ass home and checked the house again looking under blankets and clothes piles, checked closets, under beds, behind couches, in the washer, dryer, and deep freeze. All the time yelling. Our neighbor Chad volunteered to go look around the neighborhood to see if he was wandering around.
Chief Harwood came and went through the house a third time while Chase looked outside and I headed to the neighbor's. While I was standing on the neighbor's porch I looked back at our house and Chief Harwood was walking out our front door with Hagen in his arms. I felt instant relief from my hysteria. I ran back to the house gave Hagen the biggest hug I could give him. Chief Harwood had the thought to pull back the covers on our bed and there Hagen was fast asleep with the covers over his head. Chase I both checked under our bed and Hagen's bed and IN Hagen's bed, but not IN our bed. Why he didn't hear us yelling is beyond me considering he is a light sleeper but regardless, I am so glad he is safe! I am also very glad it was Chief Harwood that came to our rescue!
I can't tell you how sick Chase and I were. Definately the WORST feeling in the whole world. Then when you know they are safe you feel like such a retard that you had to call the cops to find your child who was in your bed the whole time.
I pray that none of you ever have to feel the anxiety of a missing child!



7 comments:
How SCARY! I'm so glad everything turned out okay in the end.
NO need to feel like a retard Nanc. He is a beautiful boy and you had every right to worry. I'm so glad he's ok and you are all ok. Love you all tons. and better to be safe than sorry :)
I hope I never know that feeling! I am glad he was safe and sound. I wonder if it is the age? I was his age when I went for a walk and ended up falling asleep under a lawn chair at the top of my mom's neighborhood. She had called the cops and had them hunting for me too when she felt to drive around the neighborhood one more time and found me. What a miserable feeling!
oh nancy... i can't even imagine... he must have been playing hide-and-seek! pretty sneaky guy!!! so sneaky it took a police man to find him!!! oh man...i couldn't even imagine... so glad he was safe!
OMGosh!! I am so glad everything was ok!!!
My baby isn't even old enough to walk and I was imagining how freaked out I would be! I am so glad that you found him and all was safe and good. My parents had a similar scare with me, the firemen found me under a pile of sheets and blankets my mom had stripped off the beds. Funny thing? She and my dad had kicked the pile when looking for me and I didn't wake up or move.
How scary! I'm sorry you had to go through that. That is awful. But I'm so glad he was safe in your home and not somewhere else... We love you guys and hope things are better.
Post a Comment