March 10, 2009

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!

Today's post is just my rantings and ravings so please nobody take it too personal! While sitting at work today I got a text message from a certain relative claiming she and her boyfriend are expecting a baby and she will see a dr. as soon as her health insurance kicks in. This is soooooo very frustrating to me because her boyfriend just went to jail for 90 days and although she seems happy, I can't help but wonder what she has gotten herself into. First does she know her insurance probably won't cover the pregnancy now because she was pregnant before she had insurance. Second does she realize how amazingly hard it is to be a parent with 2 incomes, a home, and proper means to care for a child and that is not her situation AT ALL!! As far as I know he isn't working at a decent job and they are both living with his mom. Third, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE A CHILD WITH SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE TO TELL YOUR PREGNANCT BEHIND A SHEET OF BULLET PROOF GLASS?!?!?! And as if everyone hasn't been worried about her enough and then she has to add pregnancy to that especially right now when her mom is dealing with a death in the family!!! OH MY GOSH! Some people you just want to smack around and say WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!?! ARE YOU EVEN THINKING?!?! Argh!!! So anyway, I am sorry you have to listen to that, but it is something I was in serious need of getting off my chest!

3 comments:

Betlsclan said...

Is this someone on the Curtis side???

Lisa said...

I understand how you feel. Being a teacher in the classroom I saw how it was for children with only one parent. I even think a few of the kids I had knew a lot about jail because one of their parents or siblings or aunts or uncles were there. It is so frustrating to me to see people make stupid choices. I have always felt that people should fill out an application before getting pregnant! Too bad that could never be enforced. Sorry to rant on your comment page but I feel the same way and I don't even know the person you are talking about. I would feel the same with anybody who did something stupid like that!

Betlsclan said...

I dont know the person either or the whole story, but coming from one of the stupid people!! I understand! I was 17 so guess even more stupid than her!!!