
I convinced Chase that since Mark would be here for the weekend anyway, we should do the kitchen floor too. The kitchen floor still isn't "finished" yet. We need to put up some quarter round molding around the baseboards, but at least it is mostly done.

Thanks to Mark, Rosie, and Shan for your help with the house!! I absolutely love the new flooring!! I am so excited for my next project...paint the kitchen and sand and stain cabinets! Then new countertops and one more room down! YAY!!
While Rosie was here we did our usual thing and went shopping. While at Christensen's I saw the CUTEST wall hanging and I wanted it soooooo bad, but it was $115 and I just couldn't justify it. I decided to get crafty (so not like me) and make my own version. Here it is...(Note: Chase hates the pink ribbon I used, but it was the only color they had with black dots, plus it is my favorite color!) OH AND IT ONLY COST ME $25 TO MAKE. I am sure if I was thrifty and bought clearance frames I could have made it for less.

A few other random things..... Brandy is still very pregnant. Her official due date is today and I had my money on today, but as of yesterday she is only dialated to a 2, 70% thinned, and Grady is not in the birth canal. She is thinking probably Friday.
Chase's great-grandma past away last week. We always called her Grandma Little because she was like 4 foot nothing and probably 90 pounds or less, but she was so fiesty! I remember when Chase and I first started dating he was working at the feedlot and got laid off for the winter. We went to visit her and I mentioned I wanted an ice cream. She went off yelling at him because he didn't have a job and couldn't even buy his damn girlfriend an ice cream. It was so hilarious!! While I was pregnant she would always tell me that Hagen better have my eyes. "If he doesn't have you beautiful brown eyes, I will send him back!!" she would always say. She will be greatly missed. It was a sad week, but it was great to get to see all the family. I haven't seen some of Chase's aunts and uncles since I went to Phoenix 2 years ago. How sad is that?!
Okay, I think that is enough posting for now. Sorry to bore you. Hope all is well!



4 comments:
I love your wall hanging!! So cute and crafty!! And I'm upset to hear the story about Kira. What's she thinking!? I hope everything turns out okay!!
Your floors look great. I would love to get new carpet and change the ugly old flooring in the kitchen but there is no point at the moment. As you've seen me mention before, foundation issues! I love your little craft project! It's always fun to accomplish something on our own instead of paying the overpriced price that stores always have.
The flooring looks great guys! I can't wait to see the whole place when you get it finished. Oh and Nanc..you have to show me how to make that wall hanging IMMEDIATELY! I have seen those before and I LOVE them..yours is sooo cute(Chase is crazy..I LOVE the pink:))!
It looks like your house is coming along! I don't know if you have a link to my new blog but it's mondanboutdoors.blogspot.com. I look forward to more new things. I really liked your wall hanging. Some things you can just make for a whole lot less.
Post a Comment