November 18, 2008

Update

So, I haven't really posted much about our family lately so here is a little update. Chase is now working at the coal mine. To most of you that probably sounds nuts, but here is the reasoning. After nearly 4 years with Malmgren's, his work schedule was starting to seriously wear him down and has negatively affected our relationship for some time now. He was CONSTANTLY working and I was CONSTANTLY alone. He would work all day at the shop and was on call after work so his phone would ring at 2 in the morning, on the weekends, and all the time in between. He has been very run down and stressed to the max for quite a while but chose to stay because they gave him a raise that he couldn't refuse. He was definately ready for a change though. He applied at the mine a few months ago and never heard anything back but a few weeks ago they called him out of the blue and offered him an interview. The next week he was hired and then next week he went to Price for 4 days for MSHA training. Chase has never been the most cheerful person in the world as most of you know, but this job has given him a little happiness back. He acts like there has been a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. When he clocks out at work, he is done. No drivers calling, no going right back to work. He is done until his next shift. It is wonderful!!
Okay on to Hagen. He is constantly on the move. His new thing is playing with blocks/legos and coloring. He stays very occupied with those things. He loves playing with Jaxon at daycare. The first thing he asks when he wakes up is "Where Jax?" Little stinker. He is talking up a storm these days and loves saying new things although he favorite phrase is not the best thing for him to be saying. He is constantly saying "Shit" and I am having a hard time breaking him of it because we are constantly saying it and don't realize it. So to Heidi....I am sorry if Jax comes home saying it too. It is my fault!!!
Mary Kay is going good so far! Thank you to all those who came to supported me at my very first Holiday Open House. To all those who didn't make it, I am planning to do some kind of Holiday savings in December and still have plenty of gift ideas for everyone. :) Everything at work is good. It is starting to slow down a bit for the winter since a lot of our business is farmers. But it is still good. I truly appreciate having such an amazing company to work for. They are so good to work with me when I need to do things for Hagen and are always telling the employees they appreciate them. I am so grateful to be here!
I think that is probably enough updating for now so again thank you for everyone's love and support and we hope all is well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you get to spend some time with your husband! Work can really get in the way of things. I'm glad he's happier and I'm glad things are going well for you.

Heidi said...

That is hilarious. Now I have an excuse when Jaxon does say it, I can blame it on Hagen. It would be no suprise for Jax to learn this word from his mom. I am glad the new job is making things easier at home for you. I am sorry I missed the Mary Kay Party. I usually only work half a day on Fridays, and that day I worked all day and completely forgot.

The Girls said...

Im glad you guys are doing so good! Love you guys!

Clarissa and John said...

I'm happy that Chase got a new job--sounds like it's going to be better for you guys! Hope you guys have a happy Thanksgiving!