As most of you know, I have never been the most self confident or self assured person in the world. Lately, that has only become more true for reasons I won't get into. Well...because I feel so awful about myself, I have been carrying that awfulness over into all the other aspects of my life. After talking to a wonderful friend who is having the same problem, we made a pact to make it better. After all I am the only one who can make myself happy right?! We promised that we would make a list of things we need to change/improve to make ourselves happy and vowed that we would support and encourage each other until we have accomplished these goals. We figured it would be better for us to write them down and remind ourselves often of what we want to accomplish so we are posting them on our blogs. Thanks for being such a great friend Emilie!!
So here is my first list....
1. Realize that all a weight scale can show me is a number and I am WAY more than a number!
2. Stop worrying about what I think people think about me.
3. Recognize that I am a good mother and wife.
4. Stop comparing myself to every other woman in America.
5. Trust Chase.
6. Read at least one book in the next 30 days about building a strong marriage.
7. Tell Chase each day that I love and appreciate him.
8. Plan at least one date night each month.
9. Put the following saying up somewhere I will see it frequently..."How do I expect everyone else to feel good about me if I don't feel good about myself?!"
10. Take chances!



7 comments:
I want you to know I support you in this 100%!!! You dont know how much doing this will help you tons!!!!! They are all great things!! It took me meeting Kim to realize how simple it was!! Its just doing it!!!LOL Know we love you and are excited for your challange!!!
Nancy I think your wonderful no matter what! I'm glad you wrote these down because I feel the same way about a lot of them especially numbers one and two! You really are a great wife and mother and you don't give yourself enough credit! You are amazing and I love you!
Nancy, this idea is GREAT! I think I will make a list myself :D I especially like number one, screw numbers anyway!!! Be strong, and know that nobody can take you down unless you let them! I love you!!!
I'm not sure what we will do for my birthday! I kinda left it up to Mark to plan since I planed his big birthday celebration! I just told him he has to do better this year then he did last year! Someone forgot his girlfriends birthday last year. Its a good thing I love him so much! Mark May need some help with ideas and reminding.
I am so glad we decided to do this!! And I think we are off to a great start. Remember I am here!!!! I love you!
Nancy that is awsome. I think in one way or another we all need to do something like that good luck we all deserve to happy!
Nancy!! You are an amazing girl!! You always seem so confident in yourself!! You are a daughter of God and He loves you!!! He understands what you are going through and wants to help you!!! ...Just give it all to him!! You are a special friend of mine, always remember that!!
Post a Comment