
Today was the official first day of preschool for Hagen. :( I know I shouldn't be sad...my little baby is a little man now and is growing up right before my eyes, but that is exactly what makes me sad. He is now independent and doesn't need his mommy. He wakes up on his own, goes potty on his own, picks out clothes & gets dressed on his own, washes his face and hands on his own. What am I even good for anymore?! Last week at his preschool getting-to-know-the-kids day he DID NOT want to stay. He clung to his daddy with every ounce of strength he had and continued to cry. Chase finally had to just leave him there crying. That day I asked Hagen if he liked it and he insisted that we could NEVER leave him there alone again. LOL Today was the actual first day of class so I insisted on taking him so I could get some cute pics. I know this sounds ridiculous but there was something inside me that wanted him to throw a fit for me as well. I would give me that reasurance that he still wanted his mommy or needed me for something. I came home from work and Hagen was dressed in his school clothes, but no shoes. I asked him to find them and he said he had hid them so now he doesn't have to go to preschool. :( I searched the house and found them in my closet where Hagen had thrown them yesterday. Off to school we go. We walk to the door and I quickly snapped a few pictures. I just knew a fit was coming so I took pictures quickly so I had enough time before class to get that over with. I took him into the room and helping him put up his backpack. He gave me a five, a pound-it, a hug and said "Bye Mom" and headed for the table. What the heck?! Not a tear, not a "will you come back for me?", nothing....just a "bye mom"! As much as I was relieved I didn't have to deal with a crying kid and make myself cry in front of all those people, I was a little heartbroken that preschool is one more thing that he doesn't need his mommy for. :( Am I totally insane?? Please tell me. Well anyway, here are some pictures of my preschooler.
Hagen with "Ms. Jilt" (her name is Ms. Jill but Hagen is insistant it is Jilt.) LOL
Hagen wish his best buddy Ryker.
Hagen sitting at the table like a good boy. :)



4 comments:
He's so cute!
It's so fun and hard to see your baby grow up... especially the first. I didn't have too hard of a time dropping Tait off at preschool because I knew I'd see him again in a couple of hours, but when I took him to Kindergarten, and especially 1st grade, that was a different story!
I realized the thing that made it hard was the realization that he was getting bigger, more independant, and was going to experience a whole bunch of "firsts" that for the first time in his life, I wouldn't be a part of. That was hard for me. But looking on the bright side, it's fun to see them grow and learn and get smarter and more confident in their abilities!
Holy moley! Sorry for the novel. I can just relate completely.
Something else that helps is to have another baby! C'mon, you know you want a cute little girl to take shopping!
It was fun shopping with you on Saturday! Let's plan a time for lunch and use those mani/pedi certificates, soon!
I know EXACTLY what you mean, Nancy! Autumn is getting SO big and it's driving me crazy. =( I just want her to stay little forever. You are not insane. You're a mom. =)
I wish I could tell you that it gets easier but it doesn't. I think when January rolls around and Anthony turns 16 I am going to be the biggest ball baby yet!!! Just know that they may not always admit it but they always need their mama!!!!
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Kim went to first grade this year And turned to ne on the first day And said "don't cry mom OK?" And ran off without me. Believe me I wanted to so cry then. But it is super fun to see she absolutely loves school. :)
Post a Comment