September 27, 2010

Dentist

Last week while Chase was helping Hagen brush his teeth he noticed a very large cavity in one of Hagen's molars. How we had not noticed it before it beyond me. We called the dentist here and they told us they would do a check-up and a cleaning, but they wouldn't do much of anything else on a patient that young. Chase & I decided it would be easier on Hagen to have his check-up & dental work done by the same dentist so I made him an appointment with a pediatric dentist in Draper. Here is Hagen so excited to be at the dentist.

Hagen was so amazing! He did everything they asked him to do. There was no whining, crying, or complaining. He was such a big boy!

The cavity is too deep to fill and we all agreed that leaving him without a tooth for a few years isn't really a good option either so we have to take him back next week for a baby root canal and a crown. The dentist asked Hagen at the end of the visit if he would come back to the dentist and see him again and Hagen smiled and said "Yep Yep." :)

After Hagen's dentist appointment, I took him to Cabelas to see the fish and have some lunch. The nice cashier just loved Hagen so she gave him some tokens to go play at the shooting range....something Hagen always enjoys at Cabelas.

We were able to spend the rest of the afternoon with Mark, Rosie, and Ellie. Rosie took us to the Holy Cow Boutique and introduced us to some YUMMY cinnamon rolls. No wonder he has cavities!! ;)

And I just want to say I am so thankful that I work for an employer who is so flexible with me. They have always allowed me to put being a mother first and I can't tell them how grateful for that I am!! I am also so grateful that Chase and I have the means to allow us to do things like this. We have a truly blessed life and I take that for granted way too much!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So good seeing you for a few minutes on Saturday. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Hope all goes well at the dentist!

The Jolley Family said...

Oh Nancy, Hagen is getting so big! In that first picture he looks just like you!

Good luck with the dentist. Hope round two is just as good as the first time!