August 30, 2010

August: Part 2

When will life ever slow down?! It seems like August has flown by and soon it will be September (in like 2 days to be exact) which makes me so sad. :( Hagen starts preschool in Septemeber and I am just not ready for that. Only a few days ago he was a little baby boy and now he will be a preschooler?! Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see him grow and learn new things, but I am just really having a hard time letting him grow up. We went school shopping a few weeks ago and I let him pick out his school shirts and I think the whole time I was holding back tears. Okay enough of my sad mom "kids grow up too quickly" talk. Moving on...

We took a little trip North to see Mark's family and we took Hagen to Trafalga. I have to say I was completely disappointed by it. I will go to Boondocks next time for sure. After arriving, we stood in line for a good 10-12 minutes to buy our Go-Kart tickets. Then we went over to the track to find out the wait was almost an hour to even ride the Go-Karts and the employee was doing double duty working the Go-Karts AND the batting cages. Needless to say we were not going to stand in line with our 3 year old for an hour waiting for a 5 minute ride on the Go-Karts so Chase went back and stood in line for 25 minutes to get a refund. We were there almost 2 hours and all Hagen got to do was play a few arcade games. :( Regardless of the lame Trafalga trip, Hagen loved going to Uncle Mark & Aunt Rosie's because they have Netflix and he can watch whatever movie he wants. Little Ellie is getting so big and we just love her to peices.

Chase's elk hunt started a few weeks ago. My friend's hubby has a big bull tag so they invited us to camp with them opening weekend. I forgot my camera and my phone so I have no pics, but Hagen LOVED camping with his buddy Ryker and his sis Shaylee. They dug in the dirt, played trucks, rode bikes, and all kinds of fun stuff. Nobody at camp had any luck getting elk or deer but it was a fun camping trip anyways.

We painted the house...well I should say Chase painted the house. It was about 6 years over due for a paint job but hey at least it is done now (or mostly done). A big thanks to Chase for all the work he did on the house and for all the work he still has to do on the house. It looks completely different!We still have a few things to do (putting the screen door back on, moving the swing back on to the porch, etc.) but even without it being finished you can see the difference. Here are the before and after pics.

Sorry it's not a final project pic, but I couldn't wait to show off what a great job Chase did. :) Thanks again babe!

And last, but certainly not least, one of my best friend's Emilie had her baby girl this month and I got the opportunity to take a little trip down to see them. She is so sweet and TINY. Congrats to Emilie & Mike on their new bundle and to Brooke on being a big sister. We just love them!

Oh and I know I said we would be doing the flooring in the laundry room this month, but with everything else going on it didn't get done. I will post before and after pics of the laundry room as soon as that is done. I PROMISE! We have to space out our projects because we are too poor to do everything all at once so we try to do a hundred dollars here, a hundred dollars there. Someday I hope it will all be done, but I am not holding my breath until then. ;)

4 comments:

Lucy aka Kimberly said...

Wow!!!! Your house looks GREAT I love it!!! Congrats and keep crackin your whip Chase is doing a GREAT job!!!

Lisa said...

You HAVE had a busy month! I can understand the not wanting your baby to grow up (and my baby is not even preschool age yet). I was rocking my sweet baby Adalynn (just tonight) in aw that she was actually 2. It goes by so fast and I plan to enjoy every moment I can with my sweet kids. The house beautifying is another thing that is taking us forever as well. I will believe our master bathroom will get done when I see it. IF it ever gets done then maybe we will get tile in the kitchen. Your house looks great. Chase is doing a great job.

The Jolley Family said...

I love your house Nancy! It does look completely different, but I really like it! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Quick, random, question... What happened to Kaylee? She hasn't posted in a long time. I was so excited to keep in touch with her and figured you might know what's up.
By the way good luck with all your projects. I'm still painting my house. Trim is the worst.... I like walls, but the small stuff.. a pain.