Summer is here and it seems like we have been super busy, but have nothing to show for it. We have only went camping twice this whole year which is kind of a bummer. We found out a couple weeks ago that the back axle on our trailer is bent. It must have happened before we bought it and we have just used it enough now for it be to very noticable. We ordered a new axle and we should be able to go camping at least for the 24th of July. Yay!
Chase and I celebrated six years of marriage on June 19. Chase and I aren't really a "romantic" couple so we didn't do anything fancy. We did some yard work, went swimming, got ice cream, spent the afternoon together, and went to dinner. I am so happy to be on this journey with Chase and look forward to many more years with him. :) (I will post swimming pics soon....they are on my dead phone.)
Monica, Harley, Will, Hagen, and I went to see Toy Story 3 last week and I have to say it is SUPER cute! I think I like it more than 1 and 2. It does have a more grown-up story line and I think that is why it was so entertaining to me. I would definately recommend it! We took a little trip on the wheelers to the Salina Ponds with Dad, Monica, and the kids to do a little fishing. Will caught two fish and Chase caught and released one or two fish. We grilled some burgers and just spent the day by the pond. It was a good time, but I wish Mom would have came too.

Also, I would like to introduce the newest member of our family......

This is Life Flight. If you didn't pick up on it from his name, this is the horse that kicked Chase in the head back in September. His owner decided he just couldn't work with him and GAVE him to us. We have not (or should I say I have not) decided what we are going to do with him. Even if Chase won't admit it to me I think he is pretty set on keeping Life Flight as his own horse. I, on the other hand, would rather not keep him because he reminds me of the worst day in our lives. I think Chase feels a connection to this horse or just feels like he has something to prove to him. Who knows. Chase has not been on a horse since his accident and I have politely requested that Life Flight not be the first. I guess I will see how far that request gets me. So I will keep you posted on this, but I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts on what they would do with him. I suggested stuffing him and putting him with Chase's replica skull as a momento. LOL :)
So that's what's been going on in our world. We have lots of fun things planned for the next few weeks including the 4th of July, Ellie's blessing, Cowabunga Bay, camping, and a visit from my nephew and (hopefully) my neice and their families. YAY!



3 comments:
That sucks about your trailer! We wouldnt know if anything happened to ours we hate camping!! LOL Sounds like the family is all doing some fun things!!! Hope you guys have a good 4th and other adventures this month!! :)
I am looking forward to visiting you guys. It will be so much fun, even if it is only for a short time! :) I like your new "family member" but I have always loved horses and was not close around to see the after affects (only in pictures) of when that horrible accident happened. See, your blogging isn't boring to me. It is nice to know what is happening with you guys. :)
Wow, life flight is yours huh? Hopefully he will be a good horse for you. When are you doing cowabunga bay? We don't live far from there so maybe we could meet up for lunch or dinner or something. I would love to see you guys!
Post a Comment