December 23, 2009

Wow!

Wow! How is really been a month since I posted??? That is crazy! I really don't have anything to write about so I will make it quick.

Chase had a dr appointment on the 9th and they said everything looks good. His brain is healing nicely and the implant looks like it is working as expected. He has had a few moments where he will zone out while he is talking to you or been really confused, but the dr said that is normal for 6 months to a year after having a traumatic injury. If it becomes more frequent than we might need to look into it more, but he figures it is nothing to worry about. He is back to work full time now. I am just amazed at how blessed we are with the outcome of his accident. While he was in the ICU the nurses kept telling me how amazing he was doing. Most patients with a head injury like his have permanent damage and spend months in the ICU. Chase is such a strong person and I am so thankful for that!

Today is the Eve of Christmas Eve. YAY!! Hagen is asking Santa for a "diesel-same like dad's" and a forklift. I am pretty sure Santa will bring him what he wants. The big guy is just awesome like that. ;)

Now just some randomly funny things Hagen has said lately and I will be done. Hagen, Monica, Will, Harley, and I were driving to Richfield one day while it was snowing. Hagen made a sniffing sound and said "That snow smells like my armpit." After I put all the presents under the tree, Chase moved the tree so it was closer to an outlet. I asked Chase if he had been snooping under the tree because the presents were moved. Hagen says "Yes, he was snooping under the tree Mom. No No dad! Santa won't bring you presents if you snoop under the tree!" He was pointing his finger and totally sassy to his dad about it. Good stuff!!

Well hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! We love you all!

No comments: