August 25, 2009

Fun with the skid steer

As most of you know we have been working on our house and yard for a while now. Chase got part of my back lawn planted a few months ago, but after doing it the hard way, we decided it would be easier if we had a skid steer to do the rest. I called all the rental places and all of them wanted $200 to rent them plus a hefty deposit. I just couldn't justify it to myself.

Out by KB Oil we have some new neighbors getting their lot ready and low and behold they have a skid steer. I was joking with them one day that I needed to steal it. They laughed and said "Have at it" Well the next week they came in to see me and asked when I needed to borrow it. I thought they had been joking so I was just shrugging it off telling them maybe on a Saturday not at all seriously. Last Friday they brought it over to KB Oil and showed me how to use it and told me to make sure I was done with all my projects before I brought it back. :) How nice is that!!! A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE GALYEAN'S FOR LETTING US BORROW IT.

Chase was like a little kid with a shiny new toy. He and Hagen had more fun with it than they probably should have, including digging a 5+ foot hole in my back yard just to recover it. Although Chase claims it was to dig up a stump. LOL. We got our yard work mostly done (we are just lacking laying the grass seed) and got the horse corral at my parent's cleaned out. They were both disappointed when we took it back.




2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's awesome, I bet Hagen loved it!!

The S Fam said...

lol!! He looks like a kid in a candy store! Mike used our landlords bobcat (same i guess but ours was a little smaller) to work on our yard and he loved it. Men and big machinery!! lol! I bet you can't wait for your yard to have grass.