October 20, 2008

Zoo Fun

This weekend Chase, Hagen, and I went with our good friends Emilie, Mike, and Brooke Stubbs to SLC for a little mini-vacation. Each fall we try to make it a point to take a trip together to Hogle Zoo. Emilie and I have been best friends practically since birth, but now that we are older and have our own lives we don't get to see each other that often...this is our way of staying close (even though she lives in Parawon and I live in Salina). Last year it was an up and back trip, but this year we made it an overnight stay.

Saturday morning we left early and stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse on the way up. We spent a few hours at the zoo, checked into the hotel, did a little shopping, took the kids to the Mayan for dinner, and played in the jacuzzi. Brookey was so funny at the Mayan because she was scared of the thunder sounds and thought it was going to rain on us. The she was afraid of the tiger sounds in the speakers. She is such a cutie!! We had plans to go to the Children's Museum and the Clark Planetarium also, but that fell through. On the way home we stopped at Cabela's to see the fish and for Chase to buy a shotgun. I think he has about given up on shooting anything but birds so if you know of anyone who needs a PSE bow, let us know. :)

We had so much fun and hope that the Stubbs had just as much fun as we did. Here are a few pictures from our excursion....

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Did Lori tell you how excited Hagen was when Jaxon showed up on Monday? It was so cute they missed each other. I also wanted to ask you to get me some eye cream. It is the time wise age fighting eye cream. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast, wish we could have went. I probably would have been miserable though. are you going to take hagen to get his pics taken with stacy this year? let me know and me and the kids will meet you there again.
love you guys,
Brandy

Clarissa and John said...

That sounds like a blast! We love the zoo. I love all of yours pics. =)