June 16, 2008

A Not So Great Weekend...

The weekend started out innocent enough, but by the end of Sunday I wish I would have just crawled in a hole and died!

(Bad Thing #1) Chase's sister had planned a camping trip on the West Mountain above Elsinore for Father's Day. Due to lack of funds we told her we couldn't join, but would ride up for dinner Saturday night. Saturday came and we relaxed most of the day and around 5ish we headed on the mountain for dinner. We got up there only to find that Brandy (Chase's sis) had rolled the 4-wheeler and was on her way to the ER. We decided to visit & eat with Steve (Brandy's bro-in-law), Holly (his gf), and all the kids. While we were sitting there this old guy came and said they were camping on private property and he was on the way to tell the owners of the property. Needless to say we high tailed it out of there...not even getting to see Brandy's injuries.

(Bad Thing #2)Sunday morning came and we just relaxed most of the day again. We went to Aurora to see our dads. Chase, Richard, Scotty, and Hagen decided to do some male bonding on Father's Day and go shooting. This was the perfect opportunity for me to go get Chase's Father's Day/Anniversary present. After they left, Janet and I loaded up in Richard's truck and headed to Richfield in search of the perfect BBQ for Chase. As most of you know, our old one got demolished last spring when in flew out of the back of the truck. Chase has been hinting that he wanted a new one for a while now so I figured it was my perfect opportunity to surprise him. When we got to Walmart they didn't have any boxes of the one I wanted, but they said they would sell me the display. I bought it and Janet and I put it in the truck and strapped in it. We said we would just take it slow and watch it. Well we watched it for about 4 miles and it didn't move at all. We figured we were okay. Next thing we know we saw pieces of it scattering along the road and the main part hanging out of the back still strapped it. I was sick!! After picking up the pieces and lifting the main part of the BBQ back in the truck I called Chase in tears and explained what happened. He thought it was quite hilarious which only made my tears worse. We got it home and it is salvageable, but I felt horrible!!!

(Bad Thing #3) Chase has wanted to get me a new wedding ring for some time now. The one he bought me when he proposed is inexpensive (due to budget issues) and his sister ended up getting the same ring when she married Jake. I love the ring and I love that Brandy and I get to tell everyone that we have the same ring but anywho. After I gave Chase his "well broken in" Anniversary/Father's Day present (the BBQ) Chase handed me a box and I opened it up to see a ring. Chase asked what I thought. So I told him honestly...."It is pretty, but I like my ring better". Big Mistake!! I spent the rest of my night regretting making the comment and felt very horrible yet again, but my ring is my ring! I picked it out and it was the ring Chase gave me with shaky hands scared to death to ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. Another ring just wouldn't be the same no matter what it looks like!

After all the bad events, Sunday night ended okay. We went to Brandy's for Navajo tacos. She is really beat up, but no broken bones....just ALOT of road rash. Ouch! I feel for her...I have been there. She and I will have more than just a matching ring, we will have a matching road rash scare on our hip. LOL!

I will post pics soon so check back!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

WOW! What a weekend you guys had. I can't believe so much could happen. It sounds like you could use a week to get overr your week end.

Brooke said...

Wow! That doesn't sound like fun at all. I'm glad you all made it through the weekend in one piece though.

Amie said...

I totally understand what you mean about the ring. Thinking of all the things you have been through while wearing that inexpensive ring and all that it stands for, a $10,000 ring wouldn't even compare.