I just thought I would let everyone know that this weekend was better, but still not great. Saturday I got a chance to have a mommies day out with Emilie which was FABULOUS!!! We went to lunch and did some shopping. It was great to have a few hours to ourselves with no husbands and no kids!! LOL Every mom needs that from time to time.
After a very uneventful Saturday and my bad luck lately I should have known that Sunday would be a horrible day, but it wasn't quite what I expected. Chase got up bright and early so he could trim Sady's hooves. We adopted her from the BLM last fall, but Chase hasn't really had alot of time to do much with her so she is still pretty wild. I thought for sure that he was going to end up in the ER with him, but suprisingly she did okay with him. Since she did so well, Chase decided he was going to ride her for the first time so Chase, Richard, Janet, and Shan loaded up the horses and headed for South Canyon by Sigurd. Next thing I know Chase called me and asked me to come up the canyon and get the truck because his dad was hit in the head with a branch and an ambulance was going to take him to the hospital. I asked my family to take me up there only to find that we made it from Salina before most of the Search and Rescue and the EMT's. How sad is that?! After fighting with Richard for about 45 minutes, we finally got him to go with the EMT's to the hospital. I got in our truck and headed off the mountain with Chase, Shan, and the horses. I apparently wasn't paying close enough attention to the horse trailer and I hit one of the rims on a rock and bent it pretty good...just my luck. So we had to unhook the trailer and Chase got his dad's truck and headed back up while I went to the hospital to pick up Richard and Janet. He has a concusion and a really sore shoulder, but is okay. We had to keep repeating the story over and over again to him which got old, but hopefully his memory will come back. It will just take time. So needless to say, it seems my luck isn't getting any better.



2 comments:
Oh man, what rotten luck! I hope he gets feeling better soon. Just think, you have to get some good luck soon.
Oh!!!! Sad that after such a nice peaceful Saturday you end up with a bad Sunday. Well at least Richard is ok. Hopefully your luck will turn around sooner rather than later!!!! And Saturday was a blast!! Definately have to do it again soon. How was Hagen when you walked in the door? Did he ignore you or jump in your arms??
Post a Comment