January 19, 2011

Sunbeams

Somedays, well let's be honest...most days I wonder where on earth the time has gone. One day I am taking a pregnancy test, the next day I have a beautiful baby boy, and the next I have a handsome young man. :( I makes me so sad to think about how fast time has slipped away from me over the past 4 years. Sorry, enough blabbering.

A few weeks ago I got a message from my cute friend Tandi saying she is Hagen's Sunbeam teacher and would love to take him to church with her. When I was younger (and very active in the church) I always imagined me sitting in church with my cute little family all dressed up in church clothes. As time passed and I changed so did all of that. I have thought several times that I would like Hagen to attend church, but then I make excuses for why I am not ready to attend with him and needless to say he has never made it to church. When I got that message it was a little bit of a stab to the heart (I know that wasn't your intention Tandi) since I have always wanted to be the one to attend with my family but I soon realized this was a great opportunity for Hagen to learn the gospel.

We took Hagen to a tie store in the mall a few weeks ago to let him pick out a couple of ties to wear to church. He looks so handsome and grown-up when he is all dressed up. (He is happy to go to church, he just IS NOT happy that I am taking his picture! LOL)

I want to tell Tandi and the Hardwood's that I am so thankful that they are willing to take him. It means alot to me that he is attending and I can't think of anyone better for him to be there with. :)

5 comments:

The Jolley Family said...

Oh, he looks all grown up! I can't believe he's old enough for sunbeams?! And I agree, the Harwood's are a pretty good family for him to be with. :)

linzy said...

nancy loo!!!!!!
your little hagen needs you at church with him!!!!! i teach the sunbeam class in my ward and those precious little souls need their moms and dads in church with them! just go once! you won't regret it! love ya, linz

The Masons said...

Just come over to my ward! It's the best! :)

Amanda said...

I agree. You should go with him. You don't have to commit to "change your life" to just go to church. There were lots of times I went to church by myself, or took my little brother and sister with me, which was fine, but I can't tell you how much I wished I had my mom and dad there with me.
You don't have to be perfect (or even close) to go to church. Just go!

Your ward needs you! Seriously! I'm not just saying that. I think you would be such a fun YW leader or primary teacher, or actually ANYTHING! You're one of the funnest, cutest, friendliest ladies I know. So many women in your ward are truely missing out because they don't know you!

Tandi said...

Your welcome Nancy! He is such a sweet little boy, I love taking him to church with me! Thank you guys for letting me, you guys are great friends, luv ya!! :)