So, this week has just been a really stressful/frustrating week for many reasons. I was sitting here making a post about all the things that have frustrated me this week becuase I felt like getting them off my chest. In the middle of my frustration ranting, I decided a pitty party isn't going to change any of our circumstances right now so I sat and thought for a minute about all the things I am grateful for right now. Here is a list of a few of them....
I am so thankful for our families. I stayed in the hospital with Chase the whole time he was in Provo and my sister and parents took Hagen, fed and watered the horse and dog, and did my dishes and cleaned my couches. While I was there my brother and sister-in-law let me borrow all kinds of things, gave me a place to shower, and let me use their vehicle since I was up there without one. Chase's family stayed a couple days at the hospital and brought me anything I needed and were there to keep me positive when I just didn't want to keep going. Both families did many other things for us then and still are now. They are just AMAZING!!
I am thankful for motherhood. Just one look at that little boy and all the bad things just melt away. I honestly believe that if I didn't have Hagen in my life today I would be off the deep end.
I am thankful for modern medicine/technology and medical staff that do their job well. Chase's surgeon's are wonderful!!! Oh and we had a few good nurses too.
I am thankful for GREAT friends, the Harwood family especially. They are such an amazing family and we are so lucky that Hagen gets such good care there...he is part of the family. (And if you ask him, most of the time he is Hagen Chase Harwood. lol) They have done so many things for us over the last few years that I will never be able to repay them for. Amie has pretty much been my rock through this all. She is always there to talk to me when I need someone. I feel so bad complaining to her because she and Joss know all too well what I am going through, but I think that is why she always knows what to say to me. I will NEVER be able to repay any of the Harwood's for the kindness and love they have shown us. They are GREAT friends.
I am thankful for Robinson's and KB Oil. Both of our employers have been very understanding about the situation and haven't hestitated to allow whatever time off we needed for dr appointments and whatever else. Rand and Jake (my bosses) checked in on us as often as possible to make sure everything was okay. I am so grateful for wonderful employers!
And lastly I am so thankful for Chase. He has been so strong through all of this. I know it has been hard for him to have me and everyone else treat him like a two year old saying no you can't do this and you can't do that. It has to be very frustrating for him. I think it is because of his strength (or bull headedness if you will) he is healing so quickly. He is deteremined he won't let an accident disrupt his life. YOU ARE AWESOME CHASE AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!
There are so many people and things that I am grateful for, but those are the ones I am thinking of at the moment. We are truly blessed to have all the wonderful gifts that come with life and I guess the rest is all just part of the plan.



2 comments:
Nancy, You need to post a warning for me to stop reading. I am to emotional right now I guess. All I could do was cry!
Awww. You are so sweet. You know we only do it cuz we love ya! And because you have always been there for us as well. What are friends for?! :)
Post a Comment