Chase is doing better than we all could have imagined (including the dr's). He is almost completely back to normal (or as normal as Chase can be with a horse shoe stamp on the side of his head). He's still a little slower with movements and a little stiff, but he is coming around. He will be off work for at least 4 weeks and then we will go back to meet with surgeon. They may release him to work for a couple weeks and then we will go back in two more weeks and have a plate put in his head. He will be in the hospital overnight and then probably off another couple weeks I would imagine. Everything is looking good right now. It is healing well and the swelling is only minimal at this point. Hopefully he can just take it easy at the house until then so he doesn't cause any damage to himself.
Here are some more pictures. The first is of how well his head is healing. The left section still has staples in it, but it they are covered with blood and scabs. I know it's gross. Sorry. The second pic is Chase trying to get Hagen to help him escape from the hospital. Hagen was all for helping Dad be a fugitive.




6 comments:
Oh wow Nancy...I had no idea! I am so sorry. That is awful and scary for your little family. I am glad he is doing better than expected. Let us know if you need anything. Swayzee would love to have Hagen over to play. They would have fun together. Please let me know if you need us!! :) We would be happy to help you!
Oh I'm so glad he is doing better. Thank goodness! Now if you can just keep him resting for a while. Good luck with that one. :)
I'm so glad to see that Chase is healing well and getting better. I hope he takes it easy when he gets home! I will keep you guys in my prayers.
He is so lucky. I hope everything continues to get better. That is so scary. I am so sorry that happened. Please let us know if you need anything at all. Were thinking about ya!
We love you and hope everything is ok. Call me if you need anything. I would love to have a play date.
Post a Comment