September 8, 2008
A New Adventure?
So a few months ago my sister-in-law invited me to a Mary Kay pedicure party and ever since her consultant has been trying to get me to sell Mary Kay. She said that she has been selling for 13 years and she can tell by the way I carry myself that I would be great at it....whatever that means. Since Hagen was born I have been moaning and groaning that I want to get out of debt and be home with Hagen. At that point a friend suggested selling a beauty product that she is involved in, but I said I wouldn't be a good salesman and blew the idea off. Well, the more and more I talk to Rochelle about Mary Kay, the more I get interested in it. Here are my reasons why: I am not really out anything if I can't make it work because they will buy back the product at 90% of the cost, I think it would help me with self confidence issues because I am forcing myself to step outside my comfort zone, and most importantly it has the flexibility to be an extra income to help us get out of debt and possibly a career later on for me to be home with Hagen. So anyway, I am still toying with the idea, but can't really decide if I can make it work. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about it or their experiences if anyone has sold Mary Kay or other beauty products. (Yes, that means you Linzy!) Thanks for all your love and support!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey Nancy!!! I tried the Mary Kay bit. It worked well for a month of two, but once I had went through all my friends, it was hard for me to go out and find new buisness. I stopped trying after a while cause it was just too much work for me. I am still a consultant and just make an order for what I want, and my friends so I can get the stuff at cost. It is for some people but not for everybody. It may be a lot harder too trying to do it in Salina, cause it is not that big of a place. Who knows though, if you want to try it, go for it. Call me if you have any questions, we need to do linch anyway :D 435-503-0808
Hey Nancy! I have thought about selling crafts online, but I haven't dared yet. My worry is who you charge sales tax and who doesn't and all that kind of stuff. If you do start Mary Kay, let me know how it goes. I think you would be great!
Hey Nancy I sell MK too, and I am so excited for you. It is so much fun! It is tough however. It takes a lot of self discipline, but it is worth it. I am still trying to get going down here in Vegas, but its good. If you need any help or advice or anything let me know. There is so much to learn with the business, and once you start to learn you will know it is such a GREAT company. Take advantage of everything they make available to you. :o) Good luck with everything.
Hey Nancy, ever since I started my day spa, my mom has said it has help my self-esteem "confidence" 100%! I definately believe direct selling is the way to go. We need to set up a time so I can let you experience a spa. This way you will have some options to choose from! In doing it for a year and a half, I have never ran out of people to spa. I have a system that works. If you are faithful to the plan, the plan will be faithful to you!!! You have my number...
Nancy I too have sold Mary Kay and it went okay for a while, but the disadvantage of a small town is there are several consultants, and not enough clients for sales. Your friends are always great to help but they can only buy so much product. I sold my husband on the fact that the company would buy back the product but honesty I never sent it back. I used what I needed and gave the rest away. However I have heard of some awesome sales reps that do make great money!
I loved selling Mary Kay but didn't give it a fair shot before I gave up on it. I think that the company is fantastic and very trustworthy. You'd do good at it cuz you are so fun. Good luck with it! You'll do great.
Hey, I just want to let you know that our blog went private. Send me your email at brookegbowers@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite. Thanks!
Post a Comment