September 24, 2008

My New Business!

I want to thank everyone who gave me advice, comments, and horror stories about me joining the Mary Kay team. I have since signed my consultant agreement and am now a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. YAY. I know some of you are thinking "Nancy, what the heck were you thinking?!" and at first I thought that too, but I came to a conclusion and I have formed it into my "I Story" so here it is. All of you know what I have been uncomfortable in my own skin for a while. I felt awful about myself, my surrounding, and my life in general. I made a vow to myself and my best friend that I would make it right....I would become the confident, self assured, beautiful women that I knew I could be. I started using Mary Kay a few months ago and as I used it and attended the classes I started to feel better about myself. I felt like I was worth something and I didn't have to compare myself to that 16 year old at the drive-in (or wherever) because I have my own beauty. My confidence has started to grow and my self esteem has too. I love the way I feel now and I love that I can finally accept myself and my beauty. I have been trying to make Chase understand this next part, but he just doesn't get it. I didn't sign up for Mary Kay for the money or the car or any of the prizes (although they are an added bonus). For me to feel successful at this business none of those things matter. I signed up for Mary Kay so I can show other women out there the beauty that they hold inside and make them realize that they can feel better about themselves and they deserve to feel better about themselves. So there it is...in a nutshell and I hope it made sense. It always makes sense in my head, but just comes out as babbling. So anyway, if you need some product or would love a little free pampering give me a call 201-3062 or you can order from me online (and I will hand deliver it to most of you) at www.marykay.com/nbarton . Thanks again for all your love and support!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Good job Nancy. I think you will do great! I also have to say that I have always thought you were beautiful. When I read you comments in the past I was very suprised! I think you look great prettier than most 16 yr. olds :) I have not seen a new catalog in quit a while. Leave one for me at Lori's I am almomst out of eye cream.

Zack and Victoria said...

Hey Nancy- Congrats on your new adventure!! You will do great! Keep us updated on how things are going... let me know when you are on target for your new car!! Good Luck :o)

Julie Burns said...

Good luck!!! You can do anything you want to do Nancy! Keep up the positive attitude, and you will do well!!!

linzy said...

Congratulations!! I am excited for you! It will definately be a big self-esteem booster!! Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you. I would have never guessed you to have a low self image. You have always been pretty to me and I love your personality, but I'm glad that you now see what the rest of us have known for quite some time. You're great and I wish you luck with your upcoming adventure.

Betlsclan said...

I am excited for you!! Good luck in it all!! For all of us what helps us is different! Men just dont understand much!!! Remember you are beautiful!! Thanks for my spoiling! Your Niece loved it!!! She moved around for quite a while last night after wards!!! Love you!!

Cindy said...

Hey Nancy,
I'm glad you found my blog. Good luck with the Mary Kay stuff. You're little guy is getting big to. Time sure goes by doesn't it.