I don't know about everyone else, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I'm for any holiday that gives me an excuse to eat delicious food ALL DAY LONG! Chase and I are blessed to be close to both of our families so we get two Thanksgiving dinners! YUM!Well, it is a Barton tradition to go Christmas tree hunting the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year, Chase and Brandy had to work Friday so I spent the day with Monica, Will, and Harley. We headed to Richfield to do the normal after Thanksgiving things....we checked out some sales and visited Santa at Santa's workshop. We relaxed for a little bit at McDonald's and then went to the movie. The kids seemed to enjoy it although Hagen slept through most of it.
Saturday was Christmas tree hunting day. It was especially exciting this year being Hagen's first Christmas and having a few extensions to the Barton Clan....my brother Mark and his very cute wife Rosie came from Orem and brought along her brother (Mike), his wife (Becky), and their dog (Jake). It is was nice to have them join us. We drove up Cove and were di
ssappointed to see only a skiff of snow. We stopped at Big Lake where Brandy cooked some yummy Chili Soup and we all drank hot chocolate before heading into the trees to find the perfect Christmas tree. All together I think we harvested about 15 beautiful trees. I think everyone enjoyed it and Hagen found that the rocks at Big Lake are especially tasty!
ssappointed to see only a skiff of snow. We stopped at Big Lake where Brandy cooked some yummy Chili Soup and we all drank hot chocolate before heading into the trees to find the perfect Christmas tree. All together I think we harvested about 15 beautiful trees. I think everyone enjoyed it and Hagen found that the rocks at Big Lake are especially tasty!I hope all of you had a happy holiday and ate your fill of turkey...if you didn't, I ate some for you!



4 comments:
Christmas tree hunting was a blast! I'm so glad that I can be apart of your family and join you guys in your family traditions. I can't wait for next year!
Hey Nancy! I love your blog and all your pictures! SOO CUTE!!!
Hey!! I like your new layout too! It's so festive!! And thanks on mine! I'm still learning things and trying to figure out how to put music and videos on. Anyway it was good to see you too. I know Brooke had fun, especially being around a baby. Poor Chase though it was kinda weird she didn't want anythign to do with him. But oh well. So next Thursday like the 6th?? Fun!!! Yeah call me. We could even meet somewhere if we need to.
You are the cutest family! I love the pics on your blog. Mine is lacking some creativity. Anyway, thanks for all your warm wishes and for all your support. You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment