November 15, 2007

Family

I am new to the blogging scene and this probably won't be what most of you write on your blogs, but I have something I need to get off my chest.....Over the weekend Chase's little sister Casey came home from Colorado Springs to spend an early Thanksgiving with the family. I find it hard to stomach, but Chase didn't say a word to her the entire weekend. He has practically disowned her since she changed her lifestyle. I have always been a firm believer that no matter what, family is the only thing that will be there in the end. Money and possessions (and I am sure a few "friends") will come and go but your family will be there to pick up the pieces after they are gone. It breaks my heart to see that not all families feel the same way. It is hard for me to watch the family being torn apart because of this. Casey is Casey....she is still the little girl that Chase played with and probably picked on when they are younger. Her lifestyle choices don't affect who she is inside and it really erks me that he can't get past it! I don't expect him to support her lifestyle, but at least acknowledge that she exists and let her know that you care about her even though you don't support her.

So a note to my family (meaning Bartons, Curtis', and good friends).....
I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE no matter what choices you make in life, you can ALWAYS count on me standing behind you giving love and encouragement even when I don't support your decisions.

No comments: