We have been watching Chase's blood pressure for over a year now. He has been borderline hypertension for a while but recently he has been showing numbers in stage 1 hypertension. He saw the dr last week who said he shouldn't be over worried about it yet, but gave him a prescription for pills since it's easier to prevent damage to his heart now than to try to fix it later if he doesn't start taking pills. I am so proud of Chase for the decisions he has made lately (which are personal to him so I won't mention). I can't tell him enough how much I appreciate him!
Now you are mostly up to speed and I will post about all of our summer fun. Hope you all have had an amazing summer! Enjoy! :)
Nancy <3 Chase. (7th Anniversary)
For our 7 year wedding anniversary/Father's Day Chase and I took a mini vaca to Mesquite. We had facials (yes even Chase had a facial), massages, laid by the pool, shopped, went to a comedy show, played bingo, and ate lots of yummy food. This was the first getaway we have taken for our anniversary since we got married. It was fantastic!!
This was our dessert. Yum!
Summer + Hagen= <3





Hagen has been loving the warm summer weather! We have been going to the park regularly, playing outside in the sprinkler/pool, going for bike rides, riding the wheeler, and all kinds of fun stuff!
Hagen and Grady (cousin) even got to meet Mater this summer!
Hagen and our dog, Bear (aka Black Berry) have been so close this summer. Hagen loves to lay around the yard with him and take him for walks. I am so glad Bear is a great dog because he has got about 75 pounds on Hagen. He is more like a mini pony than a dog. LOL
Pine Lake Trip
We spent the 24th of July weekend with Chase's family at Pine Lake. We have been there several times, but every time we visit I am amazed at how beautiful it is there. Minus a few minor incidents (that could have been much, much worse) we had a fun trip. This has been the first summer that we have let Hagen ride his 4-wheeler pretty much all alone. I was a nervous wreck for a few minutes, but he kept up well with all the big kids. He seems to be a natural. Hagen also learned how to shoot a bow this trip and is now convinced he "has to have one"!
American Idol Concert
My cute friend Tandi invited me to go to the American Idol Tour Concert with her in July. I don't follow the show so I was a little hesitant to go, but finally gave in. I am sooo glad I went. We had the the best time (minus a few creepers) and awesome seats. We met Scott McReery's mom and we got to "touch" James Durbin's arm as we walked past. Thank you Tandi for a night full of memories! :)
Curtis Family Reunion
Last weekend was the annual Curtis family reunion. Since Grandma passed away the sibling's have been in charge of the reunion so each year one sibling takes a turn. It was Wendell's year and he chose Lava Hot Springs, Idaho as the location. Since Chase was working Hagen and I went with my parents. We spent Friday night in Orem at Mark's house. We did Hagen's school shopping and went to dinner. Saturday morning we headed to Lava Hot Springs. I wish I would have braved tubing the river, but I guess that just means I will have to make another trip up with Chase. :) It was so nice to catch up with all the family and to enjoy the HOT springs. And yes they are HOT, HOT, HOT! lol
That it in a nut shell. I have lots more pictures so I might post again with a slideshow of all the pics....we will see.



2 comments:
I just love you and your cute family!!! Glad you guys have had a fun summer, thanks again for the concert and the good times, your a great friend and an awesome person. I appreciate all you guys do for me! Thanks again Nance :)
Loved reading your update. =)
Post a Comment