Chase and I started trying for a baby after
EXACTLY 2 years of marriage. I stopped taking birth control on our second anniversary (June 19, 2006) since I had been on the pill for so long I figured it would take me a while to cycle it out of my body and I would have at least a few months to prepare and we could get the hunt in August over with (since Chase and I had archery tags). Well how wrong I was. Being the fertile mertle that I am (apparently) it only took us a few tries. It is weird, but somehow I knew I was pregnant. I hadn't missed a period or anything but I just knew. Although I kept telling Chase in denial "No I am not pregnant!!" He knew too and he bought me a pregnancy test. The directions said to wait 5 minutes.....well those were the most anxious 30 seconds of my life. Yes 30 seconds! I had just set it down and Chase said "We are having a baby." I didn't even get to say "We will know in a few minutes" before I caught a glace of the words "pregnant" on the test. Wow!! Chase was jumping up and down and hugging me and I just kind of stood there. I was excited, but I had all of these thoughts running through my head. What did I get myself into? Are we really going to make good parents? We made a doctors appointment to double check the test. I remember sitting in the doctors office just as nervous as I was in the bathroom at our home. Dr. Greenwood came in and said "Well, the test was right. You ARE pregnant!" I have never seen Chase's face so white in my life. I think it finally hit him. Between the nerves and the excitement I don't think he knew whether to cry or throw up.
Well tomorrow will be 1 year and 8 months from that day (give or take). Hagen will be one!! It has seemed like such a short amount of time, but it has been the best year and 8 months of my life. Parenthood was/is definately scary, but it is so fulfilling. It is so amazing to watch Hagen grow each day and learn new things for the first time. Just thinking about it makes me teary eyed. We have been so blessed to have had such a wonderful pregnancy and now a healthy little one year old boy.
In the last year Hagen has conquered a lot of obsticules...smiling, laughing, sitting up, scooting, crawling, standing, walking, some talking, feeding himself with a spoon, eating solid foods, transitioning to real milk, telling stories/jokes (or thinking he is anyway), throwing a ball, getting rid of the binky, learning to play with other children, learning to share, climbing stairs, getting down off the couch himself, listening to simple directions, giving rasberries (yes he will lift your shirt up and give your belly a rasberry), tickling people's toes, getting teeth, and many more. Now we are working on sleeping in his crib, more words, and running. He is so entertaining and good natured and I can't thank the Lord enough for blessing our lives with his joy.
Happy Birthday Hagen! We Love You!!
1 comment:
How fun!! Brackon's is the 11th of March! Crazy!
Post a Comment